Last Updated: 10/31/2018
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Examples of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
You may provide Credit Lynx a variety of Personal Information, including your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, payment information, and tax identification number. The Personal Information we collect allows us to deliver requested products, services and information to you, to stay in contact with you, and to manage Credit Lynx's relationship with you. By providing Credit Lynx with Personal Information, you consent to Credit Lynx's transfer and storage of that information. Credit Lynx also may use your Personal Information for research, development, and analysis, and for advertising, marketing, product and service offerings, security, fraud prevention, and other business activities.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information is information in a form that does not allow for direct association with a specific person. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. We may collect, use, monitor, analyze, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
Examples of Non-Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Non-Personal Information includes:
- Device Information - We may collect specific information for the device you use to access our Site. For example, we may collect device model, IP address, MAC address, operating system version, application software, fonts, and other device information and identifiers.
- Cookies and Other Technologies - We use a variety of technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Site. This technology may involve sending web beacons and cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
- Log Information - When you visit our Site, we collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP address, browser version, ISP data, referring and exit pages, operating system version, date/time stamps, cookie data, and clickstream data.
We use Log Information to administer the Site, analyze trends, maintain site security, learn about user behavior, and improve the overall quality and availability of the Site.
- Click-Through URLs - In some email messages, we use a Click-Through URL to link to content on our Site. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through a separate web server before reaching our Site.
We use Click-Through URLs to help us determine interest in a particular topic and to measure the effectiveness of our email communications.
Sharing of Information With Others
We do not share Personal Information with businesses or individuals outside of Credit Lynx, except under the following circumstances:
- Consent - We will share your Personal Information with others outside of Credit Lynx when we have your consent to do so.
- Service Providers - We provide Personal Information to related companies and other trusted businesses or persons who use, analyze, or process it on our behalf, based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality and security measures. For example, we may use others to (A) deliver, evaluate the effectiveness of, and assist in improving our products and services, (B) conduct consumer research and satisfaction surveys, (C) assist us in analyzing and understanding consumers and how to reach them more effectively, (D) assist us in fraud prevention, with our security measures, and to provide us technical support, (E) provide customer support, (F) manage customer data, and to ensure data integrity and accuracy, (G) process financial transactions and perform accounting functions, (H) advertise, market, or make product or service offerings.
- Legal Reasons - We will share Personal Information with others outside of Credit Lynx if we have a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (A) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (B) protect our operations or customers, (C) detect, investigate, or address fraud, security, or technical problems, (D) investigate potential violations of and enforce applicable terms of service.
In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third-party.
We may share Non-Personal Information publicly and with our strategic partners. For example, we may share Non-Personal Information to describe the size and success of our company.
Transparency and Choice
You may find additional information, opt-out of, or otherwise customize display advertising from Google or DoubleClick by visiting Google's Ads Preference Manager. You may find additional information and opt-out of other participating third-party display advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Credit Lynx may use third-party analytics companies, including Google Analytics and Omniture to analyze and understand user behavior when visiting our website. You may find additional information and opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may find additional information and opt-out of Omniture Analytics by visiting the Adobe opt-out page.
Social Media Plugins
Plugins for social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yahoo, Windows, and Google plus (among others), are integrated on Credit Lynx's Site.
By interacting with us through a social media plugin, certain information will be transmitted to the related social network, and you permit us to have on-going access to information from your social network profile.
Information Security and Retention
Credit Lynx uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all pages where Personal Information is collected. This protects the confidentiality of your Personal Information while it is transmitted over the Internet. For your own protection, you should exercise care with the information you share over the Internet. You should always use a secure browser and exercise good judgment in using passwords, such as using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters, and you should avoid using the same or similar passwords across multiple sites. Clients may access their Personal Information by logging into their account. We make good-faith efforts to give you ways to update or to delete your Personal Information quickly unless we need to keep that information for a legitimate business or legal purpose. Some changes require personal contact with an assigned Credit Lynx representative.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the Personal Information as soon as possible.
Credit Lynx may invite you to join a survey panel through which you will be able to share your opinions about proposed new services or other issues relevant to Credit Lynx and its practice. Your participation in this panel is voluntary and is not required in order to engage Credit Lynx's services. Opting in also does not affect your ongoing services. If you are invited to join a survey panel, your input may be sought in order to assist Credit Lynx to better market its services to interested consumers and provide more efficient and effective services overall. You agree that Credit Lynx, including third-party providers, can use (as it chooses and at its sole discretion) any information and feedback you provide in response to survey and panel questions. You acknowledge and agree that Credit Lynx will be the sole owner of the services and survey questions about which you provide information and feedback and that you have no claim to any Credit Lynx services or the revenue or profits derived from them. You hereby assign to Credit Lynx all intellectual property rights embodied in the information and feedback you provide to Credit Lynx (about the services and in response to the survey questions) and shall execute any documents necessary to effect the foregoing. All information and feedback you provide to Credit Lynx as part of the panel is the confidential business proprietary information of Credit Lynx and you shall not disclose such information and feedback to anyone other than the designated individuals at Credit Lynx responsible for the services and/or survey(s). You warrant and represent that your participation on the panel will not violate the rights of any person or entity and will not cause liability for payment to any entity or person.
If you participate, you will be awarded points based on your completing surveys and otherwise engaging in the panel. You acknowledge and agree that you understand that any points or awards provided are solely for completing surveys and otherwise participating in the panel. It is within Credit Lynx's sole discretion to decide what award to provide and the points that will be required for an award. The award system may be changed at Credit Lynx's discretion, but if a panel participant has met the minimum requirement for an award, that award will be provided to the individual before applying a new incentive structure. Because your participation in the panel is not required for your Credit Lynx services, you may opt out of the panel at any time without terminating your Credit Lynx representation. Similarly, you may continue serving on the panel even if your Credit Lynx representation ends. You will need to opt out of the panel in order to no longer receive emails or informational material about the panel surveys unless participation is terminated by Credit Lynx.
Request for Information